Monday, June 6, 2011

I did it. I completed my first TRIATHLON! :) I will admit it was very challenging. After the first lap of biking all I could think was giving up. But I didnt. Thanks to jolly ranchers and cliff bars I kept going. And running was quicker then I thought I would do it in. Although I have a bruise from where my thigh kept cramping and I was beating with my fist and yelling at it saying "I WILL NOT GIVE UP!" :) Maybe I shouldnt beat it next time ha! I am already looking forward to next year when I will do this race again. And it will be for a time next time. And I have already lost weight since weigh in. So that is fantastic. I have to start focusing on running so I can achieve my goal of getting better times on my 5k's. My next one is on July 4th. A toast to me and taking in what Kari's blog is called... and "Finishing what I start!"

2 comments:

  1. Woot Woot!! I wish I could have been there cheering you on! Congrats to starting AND finishing... and do remember you must be nice to your legs.. you sort of need them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, what an accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete