Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One key word. Inspiration. Let me explain,
Last year I met Kari, as a personal trainer and she told me how she lost weight and I joined the weight loss competition and lost nothing. But she inspired me to do a triathlon, and she inspired me to loose weight. For me inspiration comes from the little (BIG) things. Completing a tri was a great challenge and made me feel powerful! Without Kari I would have had no inspiration to loose weight or even think about doing a tri.

Key word. Incentive.
My sister on the other hand had a baby six months ago and has still not dropped the weight and cant figure out how. I gave her the eat clean book, and my "fitness" magazines. I gave her the 90day supreme workout DVD's... Until last week she only used the book as a coaster, and tried the DVD's once. Last week she came to me for help to loose weight. I guess she wasnt inspired by watching me do my tri, or by all the 5ks... Last week she tried the 30 day shed by jilian Michaels. She did it for 3 days straight! And did a 5k with me that weekend. Last night I asked her how working out was going and she said bad. I asked her what her inspiration was, what her motivator was what her incentive was, and she said I have no money to spend, so nothing. So I stepped in. I gave her an incentive that I knew she wanted but didnt have the money for, a digital camera class. Needless to say she got off her butt and worked out. She now has an incentive other then loosing weight.

Its kinda funny how such a little thing to one person can mean so much to another. How loosing weight is not really an incentive, because its hard and you dont often see changes right away. But the second there is a different incentive, or different inspiration the game changes. For my change it was inspiration! For my sister her change will be from incentives. It would be nice to know other peoples words for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment